As we learn to be better allies in the fight against racism, we put the call out to our Raddler community for resource recommendations. The following collective guide is the result. It is by no means is an exhaustive list. Thank you to all who contributed.
- How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity In A World Made For Whiteness by Austen Channing Brown
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World and Become a Good Ancestor by Layla Saad
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- This Will Be My Undoing by Morgan Jerkins
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism by Robin Diangelo
- An Antiracist Reading List: Ibram X. Kendi on books to help America transcend its racist heritage.
- 31 Children’s books to support conversations on race, racism and resistance: Beyond addressing issues of race and racism, this children’s reading list focuses on taking action.
2020 Curriculum Resources: Antiracist teaching materials for students
WHERE TO BUY BOOKS
- 10 Black Owned Online Bookstores to Support While at Home
- The Black-Owned Bookstores You Should Be Supporting Right Now
- reply-all #127: The Crime Machine — New York City cops are in a fight against their own police department. They say it’s under the control of a broken computer system that punishes cops who refuse to engage in racist, corrupt policing. The story of their fight, and the story of the grouchy idealist who originally built the machine they’re fighting.
- Making Sense #169: Omens of a Race War — Sam Harris speaks with Kathleen Belew about the white power movement in the United States.
- Safe Space Radio: Talking to White Kids About Race & Racism — This hour-long program is about talking to white kids of all ages about race and racism: how white parents, families, and teachers can learn to show up for racial justice in a way that will make a difference for generations to come.
- The Water Dancer: An Evening with Ta-Nehisi Coates:
- TED Talks: Talks to help you understand racism in America — From passionate pleas for reform to poetic turns of phrase, these talks take an honest look at everyday realities of Black Americans and illuminate the way forward.
ARTICLES & ESSAYS
- Between the World and Me (A letter to his son) by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Author of books and articles for The Atlantic
- Dear White People, This is What We Want You to Do from INSIDE THE KANDI DISH
- How To Be Actively Antiracist: In an essay for the New York Times, acclaimed professor, award-winning author, and director of the Antiracist Research & Policy Center, Ibram X. Kendi dove into the topic of how to combat racism: 👇🏿👇🏽👇🏾👇🏽